CumuLogic, Inc. Trademark Usage Guidelines
These guidelines are for CumuLogic licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use CumuLogic’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of CumuLogic trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of an CumuLogic trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a CumuLogic authorized partner or member of a CumuLogic program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
CumuLogic’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a CumuLogic trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that CumuLogic is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with CumuLogic’s rights in the trademark, including challenging CumuLogic’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any CumuLogic trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a CumuLogic trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to CumuLogic. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your CumuLogic representative.
Authorized Use of CumuLogic Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only CumuLogic and its authorized partners and licensees may use the CumuLogic Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. CumuLogic authorized partners may use the CumuLogic Logo only as specified in their partner agreement and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with CumuLogic.
2. Compatibility: Developers may use CumuLogic or any other CumuLogic word mark (but not the CumuLogic Logo or other CumuLogic-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced CumuLogic product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The CumuLogic word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The CumuLogic word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The CumuLogic word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced CumuLogic product.
e. The reference to CumuLogic does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with CumuLogic or CumuLogic products or services.
f. The use does not show CumuLogic or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a CumuLogic word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for CumuLogic PaaS Users
b. The use reflects favorably on both CumuLogic and CumuLogic products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the CumuLogic word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The CumuLogic logo or any other CumuLogic-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from CumuLogic.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by CumuLogic, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by CumuLogic Inc.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of CumuLogic’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a CumuLogic product or technology may use the appropriate CumuLogic word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. CumuLogic Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the CumuLogic Web Badges if the site uses or was created using CumuLogic-branded software and you comply with the terms of the CumuLogic Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines.
Unauthorized Use of CumuLogic Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, CumuLogic, or any other CumuLogic trademark, including CumuLogic-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. CumuLogic Logo and CumuLogic-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the CumuLogic Logo or any other CumuLogic-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from CumuLogic, such as a partner agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a CumuLogic trademark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a CumuLogic trademark or any other CumuLogic-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use CumuLogic or any other CumuLogic trademark, including CumuLogic-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply CumuLogic’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing CumuLogic or any other CumuLogic trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from CumuLogic.
7. CumuLogic’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive CumuLogic packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a CumuLogic slogan or tagline.
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical CumuLogic trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of CumuLogic Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
4. Always spell and capitalize CumuLogic’s trademarks exactly as they are shown by CumuLogic. Do not shorten or abbreviate CumuLogic product names. Do not make up names that contain CumuLogic trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the CumuLogic trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to CumuLogic’s website for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of CumuLogic’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of CumuLogic Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of CumuLogic Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of CumuLogic Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of CumuLogic Inc.
Depictions of CumuLogic Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: CumuLogic does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of CumuLogic products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that CumuLogic endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an CumuLogic product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the CumuLogic product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced CumuLogic product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine CumuLogic product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from CumuLogic before using any photograph owned or licensed by CumuLogic).
c. The CumuLogic product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the CumuLogic products and on CumuLogic Inc.
d. The reference to CumuLogic does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, CumuLogic or CumuLogic products.